Hotlink protection prevents other websites from directly linking to files (as specified below) on your website. Other sites will still be able to link to any file type that you don’t specify below (i.e. html files). An example of hotlinking would be using a <img> tag to display an image from your site from somewhere else on the internet. The end result is that the other site is stealing your bandwidth. So, list all sites from which you wish to allow direct links to your site files in allow urls text area in hotlink protection. This system attempts to add all sites it knows you own to the list; however, you may need to add others. For enabling Hotlink protection, please do the following step:
- Login to cPanel
- In search bar type, hotlink protection
3.or go to Security section and Click on hotlink protection.
4.make the following changes in given text area.
- in the URLs to allow access text area, type the URLs of the web sites that can access your files.
- In the block direct access for these extensions text area, type the file extensions for which you want to block direct access.
- If you want to users from blocked urls will see web page instead of the file, put url of that webpage in the “Redirect request to this URL” box and hit Submit
5. then click on enable and you will see message “Hotlink Protection Enabled!”.
- How to Disable Hotlink protection?
To disable hotlink protection, perform following steps:
- In the Security section, click Hotlink Protection.
- Click Disable. You will see message “Hotlink Protection Disabled”.
You’ve successfully configure Hotlink protection in cPanel.
Contact waxspace support if you need any support for configuring Hotlink protection.